16th Annual South Shore Kids' Triathlon
- The registration form for the 2018 Kids' Triathlon is available at the Bridgewater Parks, Recreation Department, 60 Pleasant Street, at the YMCA Lunenburg County
The Bridgewater Triathlon Club is very pleased to assist Bridgewater Parks and Recreation with the 16th Annual South Shore Kids' Triathlon on Sunday July 1, 2018. Our members help with the organizing as well as on event day.
14th Annual South Shore Kids' Triathlon
- Sunday, July 1, 2018
- Prizes! Fun! Food!
- TEAM RELAY EVENT
- FaceBook : http://www.facebook.com/SouthShoreKidsOfSteelTriathlon
What is Kids' Triathlon?
Kids' Triathlon is a program that encourages healthy active living, fun, life-long participation, safety, building of skills and the involvement of youth. The program includes swimming, biking and running components. The emphasis is on fun, non-competitive participation over short distances appropriate for each age group.
It also includes a team relay event, so boys and girls may join up with their friends and participate in the portion of the event that they are more comfortable with i.e. Swim, Bike or Run!
DATE and TIME
- Sunday July 1, 2018
- Bridgewater Outdoor Pool
- Mandatory Safety Check, 7:45 - 8:45 am
- First wave begins, 8:45 a.m
LOCATION - [ map ]
- Bridgewater Outdoor Pool, 154 Jubilee Road, Bridgewater, N.S.
- Directions: Heading south on King St., turn right on Jubilee Rd.
- Please do not park on the bike route.
- Swim - Bridgewater Outdoor Pool
- Bike Route - parking lot and subdivision roads (with safety marshalls) at age appropriate distances
- Run - Woodlands Garden Park
BORN Swim Bike Run
2013/14/15 Sprinkler 50m 25m (w/parent) 2011/12 Sprinkler or 25m 75m 100m 2009/10 50m 2km 500m 2007/08 75m 3km 750m 2005/06 100m 5km 1km 2003/03 125m 6km 1.25km
2007/08/09/10 75m 3km 750m 2002/04/05/06 125m 6km 1.25km
Starts will be in waves by age & gender, youngest first, initial wave begins, 8:45 a.m
Refreshments & Draw Prizes - 12.00 p.m.
Participants must be present to win.
- 7 & under will run through a sprinkler.
- (Age 6 & 7 optional 25 m swim)
- Bikes must be in good working order (local bike shops provide a free check before it starts)
- Helmet must be worn on the bike and torso must be covered on bike and run!
- Bike on right-hand side of the road
- Age 9 and under may use a PFD
- Swimmers are welcome to take breaks
- Race numbers are provided, please make sure your child wears it
- Helmet (Snell or ANSI approved)
- Running Shoes
- Swimsuit or Shorts
- Goggles (optional)
- T-shirt for bike and run
- Monitors are at major intersections of the bike and run routes
- There are lifeguards on pool deck for the swim
- The medical station is at Bridgewater Pool
- Bridgewater Town Police are on duty for traffic control
SPONSORS - many thanks to our 2012 sponsors including:
- Belliveau, Veinotte Inc. Chartered Accountants
- BMO Nesbitt Burns
- Bridgewater Parks, Recreation & Culture
- Bridgewater Triathlon Club
- Claussen Walters & Associates Ltd.
- Cleve’s Source for Sports
- Dairy Queen
- High Liner Foods
- M&M Meat Shops
- McDonald's Restaurants
- NS Health and Wellness
- Spin Your Wheeels Bike Shop
- Subway Restaurants
- Tim Hortons
- Triathlon Nova Scotia
To Register call the Bridgewater Parks, Recreation and Culture Department at (902) 543 2274
or drip in at out office located at 60 Pleasant St., Bridgewater, Nova Scotia B4V3X9.
- Cost : $14 before June 14th - $16 after
- **All participants must check-in from 7:45-8:45a.m.at the Bridgewater Outdoor Pool parking lot.