2015 Riverport Duathlon -- Sunday October 4, 2015
This years race was on 4th October 2015. results below
This year race date yet to be announce.
Updates will be posted on our Facebook Page at : http://www.facebook.com/riverportduathlon
The Bridgewater Triathlon Club is hosting one race on Sunday October 4, 2015 consisting of:
- Classic - 4-kilometer run, 28-kilometer bike ride and a 4-kilometer run
The races are part of the Triathlon Nova Scotia point series. The Classic run is a flat, 4k out-and-back that you do twice and the bike route is a rolling single loop course along Route 332 and Grimm Road. There will be a water stop on the run course.
- the Classic 4k/28k/4k course map is [ here ]
- Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Riverport-Duathlon/
- online registration link will be posted mid summer
- previous results : Link to results for 2015
RACE SCHEDULE - Sunday October 4, 2015
- 8:30 - 10:00 am - Transition Zone 0pen
- 8:30 - 9:30 - Registration and race kit pick up
- 9:40 - 9:50 - Classic Pre-Race Meeting
- 10:00 - Classic Race Start
- 12:00 noon - Awards and lunch at the end of the race at the Riverport Community Centre
Due to space limitations, we are capping the race this year (subject to change):
- Classic : 100
Online registration (Opening TBD) : http://www.atlanticchip.ca/events/details.php?show=819
By Friday September 5, 2015:
- Classic - individual - $40
- early registrants also can select their t-shirt size
After Friday September 5, 2015:
- Classic - individual - $50
If you are not a member of Triathlon Nova Scotia, you must purchase a one day race pass -- $20 for an individual, $30 for a team. This will be available at registration on Sunday October 6th during registration by cash or cheque (sorry, no credit cards or Interac)
Refund Policy - Refunds are for medical reasons only. 50% of your entry fee will be refunded if you advise us before 4pm ET, Monday September 22, 2014. Registrations many not be transferred, sold or modified.
Waitlist - If registration is full, we will setup a waitlist. Openings are offered on a first-come-first served basis, upon request, starting the moment the race registration sells out. If a spot opens, the first person on the list is contacted and they have 48 hours to respond and pay. If they do not reply and pay, the next person on the list is contacted.
On Race Day
- TNS TABLE: Athletes check in with a TNS Table. If you are not a 2012 TNS member, you must purchase a Triathlon Nova Scotia one-day race membership -- $20 for adult. Everyone must have a wrist band from TNS confirming your membership.
- REGISTRATION - sign a waiver, collect bib numbers and swag
- TIMING CHIP - go to Atlantic Chip table to collect your timing area with their bib for their computer chips.
Although the venue is subject to change, current information is that the race takes place from the Riverport Community Centre which is located at 79 Lower Lahave Road, Riverport, NS, about a 30-minute drive from exit 11 of Highway 103. Dressing room changing area is limited. No showers.
- Take Exit 11 from the 103 towards Blockhouse
- Go straight through the first 4-way stop. Drive 11K
- Turn right at the next 4-way stop
- Go straight through the next 4-way stop towards Riverport, drive about 14k
- Welcome to Riverport sign will be on your right -- another 1k will be an intersection -- GO STRAIGHT into the village of Riverport. The Riverport Community Centre is 350M on your left.
Google map : 79 Lower Lahave Road, Riverport, NS
Space is limited ... we will have people there to direct you.
Atlantic Chip will time this race.
Triathlon Canada Rules apply, including no drafting on the bicycle course.
We are very fortunate to have 35+ volunteers -- many with race experience -- on the course at all the major intersections for the run and bike. The RCMP also provide support.
The Classic bike route is a 28k loop and there are sections where you will be between checkpoints. Triathlon Canada rules say you must be self supporting ... ie: if you have a flat, you should be able to repair it. We do have a sweeper vehicle that follows the last rider and can pick up riders that are unable to continue.
t-shirts for all participants. Early registrants can select their size.
- Classic Race - Prize to the Top Male and Top Female (subject to change)
- Classic - Medal to the 1st place Male and Female for under 20, 20 - 29, 30 - 39, 40 - 49, 50+
- Do-a-DU - Medals to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place Male and Female
- Team - prize to each member of the 1st place team
- The top placing finisher in each age group, in each gender category (male and female) will be offered a place on the Canadian National Age Group Duathlon Team for the World Duathlon Championships in Adelaide, Australia in 2015. Age group winners must be prepared to commit to attending Worlds while at the awards ceremony.
There will be a hot meal served at the Riverport Community Centre starting at approximately 12 noon.
All racers and volunteers are entered into a random prize draw -- winners names will be posted on the prize board inside the school. Drop by the prize board after your race to collect your prize.
For further information, maps and changes please visit the Bridgewater Triathlon Club website at: www.bridgewatertriclub.com
If you have any questions about the race, please contact the Race Director --Matt Veinotte on firstname.lastname@example.org
Many thanks to: